I previously posted that Curt and I had the best date night ever, but I was wrong.
We had the best date night while celebrating a friend's birthday last night. It may be that it was just a different type of date night.
Curt and I played paintball with a large group of friends. There were a few moments in a couple of games that we found each other and were backing each other up. It felt good to support my "Eternal Sidekick" and while he was shooting around a corner, I was kneeling down by his side shooting those who were aiming at him. The best moment was when I was guarding his back and I saw someone sneak around a corner to get him from behind and I shot them. There was such joy in knowing that I'd just saved him from getting hit.
We also related it to marriage. Even though we are on the same side and trying to protect our family and each other from the pains of this life; bruises and welt will happen, we need to forgive and with the Lord's help, we can heal. Curt and I have been "healing" lately and this night is what we needed. We have truly become grateful for one another and our little family.
Curt was also telling me last night about how much respect he has now for those who are fighting for this country. Can you imagine being in this situation knowing that the bullets were real and could take your life? If you ever forget what they are up against, go play some paintball and I think you may get a small idea.
I know that Curt and I would love to and probably will go again.
Thanks Kimmie and Happy Birthday.
3 comments:
Ok, if you go again, Call me! That sounds so fun! Glad you enjoyed it and that it was "healing"!
I'm so glad you guys came! What a blast we all had! And bruises galore!I have to admit it was way scarier than I thought it would be, but so fun! Thanks for celebrating my b-day with us friend!
I really enjoyed that outlook Shellee! A good lesson. I could almost imagine myself and Adam shooting people in defense of each other. It kind of reminds me of the scene in The Incredibles when the mom and dad are fighting together and they take down this bad guy and then all of the sudden they get the hots for each other and they say "I looooove you sooo much" and the kids are all grossed out. Hahaha. Love it!
Post a Comment