I'm finding my mind full of hymns this week and have a certain recurring hymn flowing through my head and thankfully has made it's way to my heart.
I am in our ward choir. (Not really a surprise, is it?)
Anyway, the song that we are singing for May is "Be still, my soul."
(Thanks, Sis. Roehr.)
I love this song and I am finding great joy and comfort in this song.
"Be Still, my Soul: The Lord is on thy side;
With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In ev'ry change he faithful will remain.
Be Still, my Soul: Thy best, thy Heav'nly Friend
Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.
Be Still, my Soul: Thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as he has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be Still, my Soul: The waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.
Be Still, my Soul: The hour is hast'ning on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointment, grief and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.
Be Still, my Soul: When change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last."
I am forever grateful for the inspired woman who wrote this song: Katharina von Schlegel. I would love to give her a huge hug right now!!!
6 comments:
This is my very favorite hymn EVER! Thank you for sharing it. This hymn's words have comforted me many times in my life. It is amazing how the spirit reaches and comforts us through music. Love ya- Hang in there.
I'm not sure what you are going through right now but my heart goes out to you and your family is in our prayers! PS-when are we singing this again? Oops, I missed the last practice :)
I love that hymn too! It helps to handle change, the loss of control that can come from change and accept the will of the Lord.
I also love that hymn. I think we all need the uplifting message in our lives from time to time. You are in our thoughts and prayers - I know it's hard right now.
It is amazing how music can speak to our spirits and give us comfort and peace. I have so many favorites that speak peace and stillness to my soul. I love being your friend and in the choir with you. You are strong Shelly!
I am so impressed by your beautiful testimony. :)
Hi Shellee, I don't know if you remember me...I am Burt McCumber's sister. I lived with them at the May house for a little while before I got married. I like to peak around at Vickie's blog friends. Well anyway I just wanted to thank you for posting this blog post. This song has helped me through a lot. I am not sure if you know or not but my husband of 8 years just passed away in March and this hymn goes through my head many times along with a few other comforting hymns. I just happened to pass by this today and it gave me more peace in my heart that I have really been needing at this time. Thank you.
Joanna McCumber-Valles (joannavalles@gmail.com)
Post a Comment