* Aaron will still be the oldest and will always be my first baby. He's starting Junior High, but I know that his attitude will not change. He's a very "grounded" kid and he knows who loves him. He's always up for a new adventure and another little sister isn't going to knock him off his pedistal. He'll share it... gladly.
*Alyssa will always be the big sister. She's got the happiest "go-lucky" attitude that I've ever seen. I'm looking forward to her being a teenager. We have a contract that she signed when she was 5 that clearly states, "I will never hate my mom or dad. I will always love them and kiss them before I go to bed" (The rule in our home is that no one will ever be too big to kiss their mother in public)
* Hayden is awesome and is happy most of the time. If he's not, I can usually talk him out of it. He's the funniest 3 year old and I love that I'm the most important person to him. I love that he "hates girls". (Except, Heidi, Ellie, Bailey... and Shea.) He even hates me... or so he says until he realizes that he doesn't. He thinks he's one of the big kids and is almost as independent, but not as stubborn.
* Curt will always be here when I really need him the most. He's more freaked out about Jellyean than I am. I'm calm, he's concerned. He's also got the best BBC humor, but people don't see it often. When my Mom asked where he was going to be working, he told her APS. She wanted to know if it was APS the electrical people. He reply? "I don't know... it could stand for Arizona Popcorn Supply. I forgot to ask." He said it with such seriousness, that I had to wonder if he was kidding or not, then he smiled and walked away. If you haven't had a chance to see this side of him, you're missing out. It's one of the reasons I fell for him in the first place.
* I'm the only one that I'm worried about. I know and believe so many positive things will come out of Jellybean's life that I'm actually worried about losing myself in the process. My family is SO important to me and I do feel like I forget about my own wants and wishes in the process. I still would like to go back to school and get a Nursing/Medical Degree so that someday I can work for the Red Cross, but that just doesn't seem like something that will get done. But I'm grateful for all the medical classes that I have taken which are going to help me get through the next few years. I'll work me out eventually. Right now, girl's night out is providing me a "Mental Vacation" from everything.
My friend Stephanie Allred posted this on her blog page and I found it to be rather true.
"You know what's weird? Day by day, nothing seems to change, but pretty soon...everything's different."
~Bill Watterson
5 comments:
Shellee, it's true you may lose yourself for awhile. In my case, it was nearly four years. My best advice, and I know you didn't ask for it, is remember you. Not in a selfish way, because I know you're not, but in a way that makes you feel as though you are moving forward and with purpose. My love to you.
That's a great quote!
And AZ Popcorn Supply made me crack up out loud! That is hilarious!
shellee, you are amazing. i think that is enough said!!
Shelley, I love that quote at the bottom of your post! That is how I am starting to feel. All of the sudden I look at my boys, and they are huge! They are growing up so fast. Coop turns 3 this month and I can't believe it's been 3 years that I've been out of school and home with the babies...Congrats on the baby! I know how huge that is for you guys. I MISS you and our chats in the hallway at church and etc...i'm so grateful for blogs to keep us in touch!
Charmen, you are always welcome to give me advice, I cherish your friendship.
Kimmie, Curt gets his humor from the BBC channel.
Steph, I'm miss chatting with you in the halls too. I find myself looking for maternity clothes like the cute ones you always wore when you were pregnant. Isn't being home with the kids SO much fun?
Post a Comment