Thursday, November 25, 2010

AGAIN?!?

Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm grateful for modern medicine.  Very grateful.
Because we're back!

Yes, we are in the hospital, again.

About a week ago, I noticed that Olivia wasn't her usual jolly, cute self.  She has another UTI.
What she has is pseudomonas aeruginosa.  I think it sounds like a really cool Harry Potter spell.
Sadly, it's not.  It's a pretty vicious bacteria that's pretty hard to kill.

Even as I write this, she's having a PICC put in.  She's got another 9 days of IV antibiotics ahead of her.  So, they are going to send her home with a home health nurse coming in every 12 hours to do more antibiotics.  I would rather they do a PICC line than have 5 IV sticks in her future.  She's an IV blower.  IVs are hard to do on her.

I also have a cold.  Aaron got one from Hayden and decided to share with me.  I still love them.

Chaos abounds at home where we are still trying to unpack boxes and settle into our new abode.  I love the house and all those who reside within. 

I'm thankful to and grateful for all those who've helped us so far in our jouney.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh no! So sorry about little Olivia. So impressed to see you looking at the bright side of things when there are plenty of challenges.

Jim and Brooke said...

Sorry you are back in the hospital with Livvy, and that you are sick.
You know I love ya! And miss ya!
Caleb has been asking for Hayden to come over. We would love it!
Hope you recover quickly!

Background