I'm so far behind in posting that I'll never catch up, but I'll do little summary of all that has happened.
We MOVED! It's a happy.. sad move. We are happy to finally have some space, but sad to leave our ward.
Why we moved:
Here's the tale of why the Mellors moved.
With the economy how it was..er... is, we realized that we would not be able to sale our home and get the space we needed. We were told that we were going to be foreclosing on the home, but the bank won't let us do that. We would like to short sale, but the bank has been rejecting all offers in our townhomes.
We were in the process of short-saling, but decided against it in Dec of last year and started making payments again, (we'd only missed 3). In Feb, Curt lost his job and by the time we were able to make payments again, we looked into modifying the loan. We were told that we had to have this be our primary residence for 5 years. No bueno.
We would rent it out, but we hate out HOA so much. They have made things miserable for me, because I've been so outspoken against them and their unapproved changes. They are also wanting to raise their rates as they please. HOAs are rediculous.
We found a house that was great for us and we could afford it. It has 2x the space and breathing room.
Our new address? 321 W. Ninth Street, Mesa, 85201
The worst part? We missed the Trunk or Treat. Our Halloween (my favorite holiday) was spent moving. I went to the store and bought a bag of candy. It was sad. There were no costumes this year... which should make next year so much BETTER! (right? Please tell me that next year will be better.)
:)
4 comments:
You were totally celebrating Halloween in a new and special way! The house was getting its own costume! (I am trying to see the bright side here.) Sorry you missed the trunk-or-treat, though. Next year will totally rock because you will have the space for everyone to be excited about their costumes.
We miss you!! But are happy that you have found a better place to live. You will always be a part of our ward family! :) Hope the settling in is going well.
Congrats on the house and SPACE!! We love space.....after not having any we can appriciate it! You are only a few miles away so let me know when you and Jellybean are up for visitors and we will come see you!
Shellee,
Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. I think the banks are cheating people out of money at this point because of their refusal to take back properties in a timely manner. Seeing as how I work for an HOA management company, I have seen perfectly good HOA's (believe me, they aren't all bad) lose hundreds of thousands of dollars by letting properties just sit. It's still really terrible out there.
I thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. You don't make me feel that making the observations I do as being mean. Others do. Happy for your family in getting the space you need. Be on the lookout for Brit's invite real soon!
Post a Comment