
So, you are wondering.. "Where's Shellee?"
Late Friday night, Curt was in a serious car crash near our home. It was a head-on collision was a Jeep Cherokee at a light by the new Walmart/Home Depot. The other people walked away, Curt didn't... He was transported to an ER Trauma Unit. When the accident happened, I was on my way home and I came upon this accident, I thought Curt was at home, so I didn't know he was involved. When I got home, he was gone and I thought maybe he had gone to the store. Aabout midnight he called and I didn' t pick it up in time, and got an incoherent voicemail. I tried calling him and his phone just rang. Finally at 12:15 he called and asked me where I was. I told him I was home and the kids were asleep. I asked him where he was and he told me he didn't know. Fortunately, a nurse heard what he said and told him he was in the hospital, then she took the phone from him and talked to me about what I needed to bring with me... Derek and Julie came to watch the kids and I got to Scottsdale Osborn about 1 a.m. He had a concussion and a lot of bruises and scrapes. When they pulled him out of the Avalon, they were all shocked to see that he hadn't broken any leg bones, but he was unconcious and would come to for only a few seconds at a time. He stayed that was until I got to the ER. Then, he kept answering questions over and over again. I didn't have any answers... He was admitted and watched for the night. He was released the next day about noon and we have been taking it easy. He has memory loss and is very sore and feels beat up. He should be fine.
After the hospital, we went to see his car. The officers say that if he wasn't wearing his seatbelt, he would be dead. I am grateful for whoever created them and proud that Curt is smart enough to wear his... Here are the pictures...

From the back it doesn't look so bad. This is the view that I saw when we drove past it. The trunk was up so I didn't see the license plate and didn't know it was Curt.
I don't think this is repairable... I think we'll be a one car family for some time.


7 comments:
wow shellee, i am so glad curt wasn't more seriously hurt!! that's amazing that you drove by the scene, and didn't realize who was in there. it saved you a few hours of worry anyway. it's astounding how such a little thing as a seatbelt can make such a difference, but we sure are grateful for them!! you'll be in our prayers.
Oh my goodness! I'm glad Curt will be ok. That car makes it look like he would have been majorly hurt or worse. Someone's looking out for him that's for sure! We're grateful everyone's ok.
Oh my gosh. I am so glad that he is going to be okay. That is so scary. Seatbelts are great. Mark was not wearing his and that may have made a differance for him too. Good luck with the recovery.
Heavenly Father has His reasons for sending miracles... a miracle that somebody thought to invent the seatbelt, a miracle that such a small thing can save such a precious thing as life, a miracle that a nurse was nearby so that you could know where you needed to be. Lots of little miracles. I hope they keep coming and that you and Curt and the kids will be blessed. Maybe the most important Christmas present is having the whole family there, doncha think?
I'm keeping you in my prayers.
Thanks guys for the comments. i don't think it has really hit me yet how serious this was. Curt is still very sore and well be for a while. Thank you for the prayers, we need them. I firmly believe in Angels and Airbags. I got my Christmas early this year; I got to keep my husband.
Shellee, Wow, I had no idea, this is what comes of me not checking the blog every day. Glad Curt is okay, hope you are all managing well.
Hi Shellee, I told you about the person responsible for seatbelts and airbags, here's the link:
Ralph Nader
Post a Comment