Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fact or Opinion

Lately, Alyssa and I have been discussing facts vs. opinions. We'll watch a commercial and I'll ask her if is a fact or opinion. She sometimes has a hard time deciphering because of the wording, but is getting much better at it.

Don't count yourself out of the challenge just because you are out of town.

I will mail them to you.

(Vandee, you are already getting some for a previous challenge)
You'll all be doing this dance while you eat them!!!!
(I DO!)



Challenge:
The 2 people who submit the most interesting 5 FACTs and 5 Opinions about me or my family, will win Chocolate Chip Cookies. Now, be careful about your wording. Our family will be selecting the winners on May 4th as part of our FHE lesson.


Now here's the thing so great about these cookies. I use real vanilla beans, and the best ingredients. The dough has to stay in the fridge to "cure" for 2 days before baking. They are firm but chewy.

Ugh, this is why I have a weight problem (well, one of the reasons).

11 comments:

Bailey said...

We're to far away for cookies, but it sounds fun so I'll do it anyway.

Facts
1 I am realated to you. :O
2 You know alot of the recipes from Cafe Rio
3. The letters in your name can make the sentence She'll let Merl Peree Oreos
4. Your favorite hot dog is Der Weinersnchitzel
5. If you could eat lunch with 3 famous people they would be, amelia earhart, julia child, and emma smith.

Opinions
1. You are an amazing singer
2. you are an amazing cook!
3. You play a mean game of Killer Uno! ;)
4. You are HILARIOUS!
5. You can cheer anyone up! YAY AUNT SHELLEE!!!!!!!!!!

Kimmie said...

Opinions:
1.) "Ugh, this is why I have a weight problem (well, one of the reasons)."
Okay, so that was your quote, but it is an opinion because I do not think you have a weight problem.
2.)Zoolander is the best movie ever made!
3.) My husband is the most handsome man on earth!
4.) My kids couldn't possibly get any cuter!
5.)Walmart is addicting!

Facts:
1.)The ratio of sheep to people in The Falkland Islands in the 1990's was 364:1
2.)No statue or monument is allowed to be taller than 19ft. high in Washington D.C., except for the
WAshington Monument.
3. I own a yellow vacuum.
4. Ryan Seacrest is the host of American Idol.
5. I want to win and eat all of Shellee's real vanilla bean cookies.

Shellee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shellee said...

Bailey, you aren't too far away for cookies! It's not like you live on the moon... you're in WA, remember?

***LIZ*** said...

Facts:
#1 Alyssa was in my sunbeam class & then 5 years later one of my activity day girls!
#2 We have been to the zoo together
#3 You made me dinner when I had Drew.
#4 You & Alyssa brought us a hello kitty ornament for Christmas the year we taught her in sunbeams.
#5 Michael & Hayden are in the same nursery class.
Opinions (all though, because they are mine, they may as well be fact...just kidding)
#1 Alyssa was one of our favorite sunbeams & activity day girls, and is super pretty & wonderful!
#2 I think that was the most fun we have had at the zoo, Aaron was so sweet to Michael.
#3 You make the best meatballs known to man!
#4 I thought it was so sweet that you remembered us that Christmas!
#5 Hayden is always so nice in nursery.

Taking On The Big Bad World With Kazhia said...

Hey shellee! This is your neice Kazhia!! I don't have any facts or anything, But you should check out my blog at:
kazhiamarie03.blogspot.com

Chef Tess said...

Oh darling' Shellee, I love your soul. Facts and opinions about you or your family (so I can't give random facts about other stuff right?). Okay. Let me see if I can come up something FHE worthy:

1. Your family had Stephanie Meyers as a neighbor before she was famous.
2. Aaron got some Heeleys for his birthday& Alyssa has tinker bell items in her room.
3. You are the same age as me...and it will be an undisclosed age. (cough)
4. You test recipes for ATK and make chicken with cap'n crunch cereal.
5. Curtis crashes remote control planes and stll keeps trying.

Opinion:
1. I think you are a crazy zany mom and like your style.
2. I think your kids are adorable.
3. I think Curt tries really hard to be a good dad.
4. I think someday you will have a grand baby named after you.
5. I think that if I don't get those cookies, I will cry.

6...I adore dark chocolate nearly as much as you do.

Melissa M. said...

I dreamed about you last night. I came by your place to give you a cake and some milk. You told me that you were going to make cookies for everyone that entered and I said that would be silly because some of the entries weren't in compliance with your challenge. You said you just wanted everyone to enjoy the cookies. Then I had to go because my kids were with a babysitter.

Chef Tess said...

Melissa should get some cookies...

Shellee said...

We'll see what the kids say, but I'm sure with some "jedi-like" encouragement, I may sway them in the direction to add everyone to the list of cookie winners.

Melissa M. said...

My friend, I did not tell you of my dream in order to get cookies (even though cookies are my favorite things ever), I thought it was a funny dream and I had to share.

Background