I love going to other people's homes, especially in the evenings.
I have had some wonderful evenings with some wonderful people lately.
I really enjoyed Easter with my in-laws in Globe. My dear little niece, T, hurt her arm falling off a piano bench and was in such pain. My sis in law, Kez, and I were thinking that her little arm looked funny. Her guess was a fracture of some sort and mine was a dislocated elbow. UNfortunately, we were both right. She took it like a trooper and T was at church the next day. She is such a wonderful girl. She has this love for "silkies" (dri-silk Gs) and so she jumped up on my lap and started feeling my shoulder to see where mine were.
A couple of months ago, her mom was out of town and we were at a Baby Danny's blessing and T started feeling for my silkies then. I told her that someday, if she was a super good girl, she could go to the temple and get her own "silkies". I have never seen T's face light up so much. It was like I had given her the biggest gift!!! Oh, how I love this girl.
Easter dinner was so super good! and the next morning, the Easter Bunny came and gave the kids a bunch of candy. (Notice: kids). Well, he gave them the candies that I don't particularly love and can resist. What a good bunny. (wink, wink)
Tomorrow, I get to go the a family dinner on my Dad's side. It's for my 1st cousins. My dad is the only surviving child from his family. The best part, we are SO much younger than all of them. My little sister is the youngest out of the group with the oldest being 3 months younger than my dad. Age span sixty six (?) to 32. Most of them have kids my age. But I love them all and look forward to chatting with them!
Tonight while the boys are out of town, I went a friend's house and enjoyed good food and company. I feel so lucky to know these awesome ladies!
Now, for the finale to this great evening, I am going to bed... the whole bed... it's so nice.
2 comments:
Poor little T. It's so hard to see little ones get hurt.
Hey Shellee! So glad you found me. I'm new to this blogging thing. I'm enjoying catching up on your blog! Hope all is well. Poor little girl..that's awful!
Post a Comment