Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Zucchini Bread!!!

I have finally found a zucchini bread recipe that I love!
(The kids love it, too)
This morning as I was "getting ready for the day",
I heard silence... dead silence.
Now, if you have a two year old, you know this means only one thing:
T-R-O-U-B-L-E!
I found Hayden sitting on the couch with 1/2 my loaf of zucchini bread.
He had taken it out of the bag and cut it with a butter knife.
(AND he ate it all, too!)
Here's the recipe:
6 eggs
1-2 cup sugar
1 T. vanilla extract
3 shredded granny apples, cored-unpeeled
3 shredded zucchini, unpeeled
6 c. flour
(if you use all-wheat, add 1 tbsp vinegar)
2 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
2 t. salt
1 t. pumpkin pie spice
2 t. cinnamon
2/3 package of Mini Chocolate Chips
Mix together eggs, sugar, vanilla,  (and vinegar). 
Add zucchini and apples.  Mix well.
Sift in 3 c. flour. Mix it up!
In another bowl:
Blend remaining flour, baking powder and soda, salt, spices.
Sift this mixture into zucchini/apples.
Add in Chocolate Chips.
Pour into muffin tins (Bake 35 min)
or into loaf pans (Bake for 55 min-turning after 30 min).
Let cool before slicing or you'll get chocolate all over.

5 comments:

Myra said...

totally making this today!

Missy said...

Sneaky little fellow. Sounds like he has good taste though:)

Tiffany said...

We love zucchini bread, but we are going to try your recipe, also. It sounds delicious! Hayden is such a cutie.

The Webbs said...

I love trying new recipes. It sounds really yummy. Thanks!

Sarah said...

I have so much zucchini, and now I know what to do with it all! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Background