Monday, November 2, 2009

Bring on the Holidays

As I'm sitting here thinking of the holidays... I get such a happy, giddy, warm feeling.   I'm SO looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas this year.   MY REASON??? 

Curt took a few days off. (As most of you know, he works SO many hours and usually we don't get to see him. So, we are thrilled that he's taking some breaks!)

He's agreed with me that we need to do more with the kids this year and go out of town a little more often.

What I'm looking forward to:

~ the movie "A Christmas Carol". 
(I'm a lover of this wonderful story, therefore, it makes sense that:)   
~ reading "A Christmas Carol" is next on my list.
~ Going to the Temple Lights with my family
~ Date night/Santa runs with Curt
~ making crafts for my family
~ making crafts with family
~ Hot Chocolate
~ going to different towns during their celebrations
~ going to the mall to see Santa
~ Listening to Christmas Music
~ Getting tired of Christmas Music ☺
~ Hot Chocolate
~ wandering around neighborhoods looking at lights
~ Cooler Temperatures
~ visiting with my siblings during Thanksgiving.
~ going to the in-laws home the day after
~ Hot Chocolate
~ spending time with Curt for a few days before each holiday.
~ Putting lights up on the house
~ Making a GINORMOUS wreath for my home
~ going to see "Polar Express" and drinking cocoa.
~ Hot Chocolate
~ heading up north to do some sledding.
~ wearing sweaters
~ seeing all my friends at various parties
~Putting up the Christmas Tree
~ Hot Chocolate
~ wrapping presents, making sure the right name gets on the right package.
~ making soup, a lot of soup.
~ sleeping under a ton of blankets, especially  "MY FUZZY!"
~ Cooking those "special gifts" that I hand out to friends. 
~ Hot Chocolate
~ Reading all the Christmas books that I can get my hands on
~Taking down the Christmas Tree
~ the "not quite teenager" New Year's eve party that we have started planning. 
We'll be celebrating the New Year a few hours early with pizza, games, and all sorts of misadventures.
~ Did I mention Hot Chocolate?

SO, What are you looking forward to this year?

8 comments:

Vandee said...

I like your list. These are some of my favorite holiday traditions also!

Paula said...

You've gotten me so excited!!! I already was excited because I went shopping to day and everything was all decked out in Christmas... but now you've reminded me of all the other things I'm looking forward to besides shopping!

Tiffany said...

Great list! So fun . . . I'm feeling the holiday mood, also. I can't wait to get out our Christmas storybooks. We lay them out under the tree and read one each night. Actually,there are so many now that we have to read several a night! It's one of our favorite traditions.

Melissa M. said...

I love this post!

Shellee said...

Melissa, I love this post too! I can't wait for so many of these things!!!

Kimmie said...

You've got me all giddy now! It truely is the most wonderful time of the year! I'm lookking forward to EVERYTHING!

Malia said...

You would LOVE a place here in harvard square called la burdick.
They are famous for their hot chocolate, which is basically melted Belgian chocolate and milk.
The chocolate itself is so rich and divine. You can choose from dark, milk and white or do a mix. Amazing.

Shellee said...

Malia!!! How could you do this to me?!? I'll be on the next plane out. (*Sorry, Curt, I'm going to Cambridge to visit Malia! Take care of the kids while I'm gone!)

Background