Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Whatever you say, my dear.

Curt, Hayden and I were in the car.
I told Hayden that when we got home he needed to take a nap.
His response?

Hayden: I'm so glad that we don't have monsters in our home.
Curt: Why do you say that?
Hayden: Because they are all afraid of Mommy.
Me: Darn right, they are!  Monsters better be afraid of me.
Hayden: *whispering* You get 'em Mom.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hayden: Mom, where do they make peanut butter?
Me: They make it in a factory after people dig up the peanuts.
Hayden: No, where does peanut butter come from?
Me:  I don't know, where do you think it comes from?
Hayden:  There's this fairy that has a peanut farm and she has a wand and she squished all the peanuts.
Me: Whatever you say.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Driving in the car on the freeway:

Hayden: Go faster mom, people are passing you.  Look there goes Fred and Toula!

(Fred and Toula are what we call elderly drivers.)

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Monsters are scared of Mommies. I should use that one. I always told Stella that the monsters would stay away if her room was clean because monsters only like dirty rooms. She doesn't believe me. I'm not a credible monster source.

Paula said...

That kid is the funniest! You're so lucky to have a comedian living with you full time! Everyone should have one!

Background