Thursday, March 11, 2010

Making Lemonade

That's what I'm doing.   Not literally, but we all know the saying, "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade."  

I have enjoyed spending time with Curtis, while he is kind-of searching for a job.  We are still working on his resume and coverletter and applying for different jobs.

Today, we went to the Children's Museum of Phoenix.  He's always been a little ticked that when we were going to play, he was working.   He could have taken days off, but he decided to be totally dedicated to his job. (Yeah, that was time well spent. Sarcasm is a wonderful thing.)  

We had a blast and even ran into our good friends, Liz and Michael.  Unfortunately, we forgot the camera.  But, we had a great time in the Noodle Forest and teaching Dad how to play; afterall, he hasn't played in such a long time.

4 comments:

Kimmie said...

I am so impressed by your positive attitude! That is great! I know he will find a job, and in the mean time, I'm glad you're enjoying all of your fun family time! (:

Myra said...

And you should make lemonade with all that squeezed lemon juice I gave you. Maybe I should go make some too. With Ken working all the time I feel like a sour lemon. I really should add some sugar to sweeten my own mood.

Tiffany said...

Great attitude! Enjoy the time together.

CJ said...

Shellee, this post reminded me of a Maxine card I picked up and have in my collection. It says "when life hands you lemons, tuck em in your bra, it can't hurt and might help" Things will work out. You keep telling me I'm strong, but, so are you! Rock it, sister!

Background