Thursday, October 21, 2010

Chocolate Vacuum

I have people tell me all the time that I have my hands full.  Not really, but sometimes they're right.

Hayden is the best kid with a very active imagination.

BUT...
There are moments where he drives me C-R-A-Z-Y!!

This morning, I woke up to the sound of the vacuum.  I had taken a nap because I haven't slept very well lately, in addition to the normal new-mom sleep.   So, here I am, taking my nap and so I look over at the clock.  It's 9:10.   Olivia's asleep, Aaron and Alyssa have gone to school, and I dropped Curt off at the lightrail this morning.  HAYDEN!  So, I get my older-feeling bones and ever-sore back out of bed to find that it is, indeed, "Three".  He's laughing like a mad man and has the vacuum stick-sucker-thingy out and is vacuuming the powder out of the NesQuik tube.  The nice big tube, the one that costs quite a bit.

I turn it off and ask what he's doing.  Oh, he's making chocolate milk.  He told me that while I was asleep, I couldn't make it for him.  So, he's making his own.  He'd been asleep when I went down 1/2 hour before and he usually wakes me up.  He told me that I looked cranky, I needed to get better, and that he didn't want to deal with cranky.

He's smart in his own little way.  He had emptied the vacuum canister and rinsed it out with water, was sucking the chocolate powder up and was going to add milk and suck it with a straw.  That way he wouldn't make a mess.

This may sound disgusting, he's thinking things through.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh my . . . that kid has an imagination! We miss him!

Couch Pirate said...

That is the most unbelievably adorable love-induced logic ever. I love it. I love him. I love you. And his chocolate milk would have been completely unsanitary but wonderfully sweet (aww, how sweet) because that kid is fabulous.

Meagan said...

that is seriously hilarious! and quite innovative, too

Jim and Brooke said...

Bless that little boy! And his mommy!
I love you guys!

Background