Saturday, May 24, 2008

NO MORE SKOOL!

Yes, I know I spelled that wrong. But school is done for the year. We are happy to announce that our children were able to move up a grade! Aaron will be in fifth grade and Alyssa will be in fourth grade. (and they got really good grades, too!)
They are both going to miss their teachers. Aaron really liked having a male teacher and someone who understood his sense of humor. I though Mr. Calander did a wonderful job keeping me filled in on assignments, so I could pressure Aaron to get them done on time. He thought Aaron's a pretty funny kid and liked having Aaron in his class. (Mr. Calander is a seventh degree black belt and I think Aaron knew that Mr. C could kick his butt if he messed around too much!)
Alyssa is going to miss Mrs. Smith (Aaron had her for third grade also). Alyssa got an award for being the quietest girl in the class. I think that's funny, because I rarely see Alyssa calm down, much less be quiet... it nice to think that she has learned to be quiet! When I found out that Mrs. Smith had Alyssa, I told her that she was on the other end of the spectrum from Aaron, he talks, she doesn't. He goofs off, she doesn't. He refuses to get classwork done, she does it and gets it overwith. They are different...
Aaron and Alyssa have shared the same teacher twice, in first and third grades. Every time that they didn't the teacher had moved to another grade or moved away before Alyssa had the chance. We'll see if she ends up with Mr. Calander.

Hayden is thrilled to have the kids home, and I think he will be sad in August when they go back to school. Maybe he'll be happy to have mom back to himself?!?!!?!

Here is my painting. I kind of like it!

Click here to create your own painting.

1 comment:

nate and marne said...

wow, hayden likes having them home?? caleb is already tired of them here. he loves it when he has the run of the house. and the tv. he gets very upset when they don't want to watch dora or wubbzy for the 4 millionth time. kids are funny. next year, colby will be in 1st grade, and rebekah in kindergarten. yahoo for all day school!! she has needed it for about 2 years now! no baby, i'll let you know when it all happens.

Background