Calling all friends...
I need your help!
Please send me ideas that will help me find "Christmas Spirit"!
I am having a really hard time finding it this year.
I am putting the tree up today, have read The Christmas Underpants, will be starting my annual read of The Christmas Carol tonight and will be going to Zoolights on Saturday, but I could do so much more!
If you know of things to do, places to take my family or just any idea, please share.
10 comments:
Turn on Christmas music at your house EXTREMLY LOUD and boogie to the beat!!! HAve fun!
Okay, I am liking the aforementioned idea. Force yourself to do some Christmas baking and give them to your neighbors, go to the temple lights several nights, pick someone to do the 12 days of Christmas for (starts Saturday), read "The Christmas Jars", I could go on. Let me know what helps!!!
Christmas music and angel trees. Pick an angel from the tree (or maybe one for each kid) and buy them what they want plus socks, undies etc. It is a great way to start. I need to do it this year..
Train park, temple lights, Christmas movies(I recomend Elf), any article in the Ensign this month, I was only going to read the first one but loved it so much I sat down and read the whole thing cover to cover.
I would recommend going caroling for your next FHE, because as we all know, "The best way to spread Christmas cheer, is to sing real loud for all to hear!"
I have really enjoyed reading this month's ensign and the 1st Presidency Devotional too. They all have such wonderful talks about the true spirit of Christmas. Serving others brings the best holiday spirit I think:)
Pray for the Spirit of Christmas to be in your house and then do things that you know bring that Spirit. Bake cookies and then carol to devliver them, Christmas music, wear a santa hat, but pray for the Spirit of the Season to be with you.
I think that some of this feeling is that I lost my voice in early November and haven't giving it a rest to get better! So, singing is out of the picture, FOR NOW.
Bring on more comments, they are great ideas!
Hey Shellee, nice widget!!! Did you get it from me????:)
So, I was thinking about the First Presidency Devotional because that was fabulous for me, always is. But that was already mentioned. I think you could do the Nativity Scene that Pres. Eyring talked about, which could be fun. Also, I find doing fun things by candlelight, while listening to Christmas tunes, could be cool. There is something about the quiet of the candlelight that brings awe.
Karla
Post a Comment