Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Next...

So, I went to the Dr. and had an ultrasound. They said my uterine lining was thick, but only in places. I have mountains in my uterus. (Sounds a little cool. It made me think of the beginning of The Grinch who stole Christmas, where they explain that Whoville is on a snowflake. Well, I'm better than that, I create mountains!!!) Stinking uterus...
He thinks that I should continue on my current regimen of bedrest and medication. Bedrest until Friday morning so that they bleeding stops a little more, but I have to take the medicine until next month.
I also found out that my blood count was super low.
I'm not having a lot of pain, so it's not that bad. I'll keep you posted if anything changes!

8 comments:

OurFamily said...

I hope you feel better! That totally stinks.

Malori and Jon Saline said...

I had no idea you weren't doing well - do you need anything at all?
I was going to ask if you would mind playing the piano for recognition night (and to ask if Alyssa would mind leading the closing song) but if you are on bed rest - I don't even expect you to be there!!
I will try again to call (your mailbox is full) tomorrow and see if Alyssa needs a ride or something.
Feel free to give me a call if you see this before I get to you.
Feel better!!

Dawn Bushman said...

I hope you feel better too!

Kimmie said...

You better get better in time for your birthday!!!!!!
On second thought, a birthday in bed sounds kinda nice. AS long as you make everyone weight on you and bring you Chick Fillet in bed!
Let me know if you need anything!

Melissa M. said...

I hope the rest does the trick. I'm glad you have a good family and doctor to take care of you.

The Earls said...

I'm so sorry Shellee! That sucks. I hope it all heals quickly and gets you off of bed rest. I know that bed rest can be fun at first, but after the first day or so it really stinks. Keep us posted.

Couch Pirate said...

Hey, as long as there is no skiing on the mountains... don't want the entirety of a Whoville population doing crazy stuff...

Jim and Brooke said...

Oh, I'm so sad for you, Shelly!
I had some serious bleeding after my miscarriage a year ago, and remember well how scary that was!
I would love to help. I'll be calling you.

Background