... got to hold her sweet little Jeallybean today?!? Me!! I was so excited to have the nurse ask me if I wanted to hold her! What was I going to say? "No, I'm not interested." Seriously? She's so much smaller than any baby I've ever had. She's at 5 lbs, 8 oz. Oh, she's soooo little!!!
... who is taking a bottle and will soon be able to be fed by mommy? Of course it's Olivia too! I was able to feed her too!
... who is home from Geronimo and his mom realized how wonderful it is to have him home. Even Alyssa admitted that life is more fun with Aaron.
... who loves her sister and has a very hard time leaving her at the hospital? Alyssa, that's the answer. She's the first one in her room and to kiss Olivia's head.
Olivia had traces of an infection last night and the Drs. immediately put her on antibiotics. She responded quickly to the meds and was back to "normal" early this morning.
She's starting to fill her diapers! We have been wondering if she'll have the bladder problems that normally come with Spina Bifida babies. She's also proved that she's related to Hayden. They are both "poop-monsters"! Wow!
There are so many miracles happening with our little Olivia every day. I'm very grateful for everyone who's been there to offer support, meals and prayers for our family.
We love you.
4 comments:
YAY! Just reading that gave me tingles! Yay Olivia! What a strong baby you have. What a blessing! These posts are so uplifting I've been encouraging my local friends to read them! Thakn you for sharing.
Shellee that is so exciting! I am so happy that Olivia is getting so much better! How wonderful of a moment you must of had to be able to hold your precious jellybean! Your family is in my prayers!
that's wonderful! I'm so glad to hear she is making so much progress:) Enjoy that sweet little girl.
There is nothing more beautiful than that moment when you FINALLY get to hold your sweet baby. Brendan was a week old and going into his 2nd surgery. But I still had to wear gloves. I ached for that skin to skin contact in a way that I've never felt before. When the gloves finally came off on day 9, I couldn't quit touching him! I especially loved the "nuzzly" kisses he gave!
So happy for you! She'll be home before you know it!
Post a Comment