Tuesday, July 13, 2010

More... and more

The ultrasound was yesterday afternoon.  My Dr, Dr. Clewell says it's not good.  He can't find what's wrong.  He's been a Perinatal Dr for decades and he's never seen anything like this.  He can't find a reason for her abdominal cavity to be full of fluid.  They can't really find her bladder, but thinks that he may have seen it squished up against the back of the cavity.   There's a team of 20 Drs that will be reviewing my case on Thursday morning and Dr. Clewell is hoping that someone may have seen something that was missed.   I'm grateful for him; that he would say that he doesn't know rather than to guess and perform a surgery that might make things worse.   He can't figure out what would have happened in a 2 week period of time that would have made things turn from normal to ???? 

The reason that they can't find out a whole lot of stuff is because she's not floating.  There's very little amiotic fluid, even a little less than before and so the transceivers have a hard time portraying her image.  So I'll have weekly ultrasounds and will have twice weekly heart monitoring.  She's sitting on my pelvic floor and it's painful depending on how she's laying.

I'm grateful for all of the prayers and support that I have recieved from all of my famiy and friends.  I feel extremely blessed and uplifted by those around me.

Yesterday, Curt and I were talking and I told him that I am trying to keep it together but when am I allowed to fall apart?  It then occured to me that everytime that I started to loose it just a little bit, things would come to my mind to remind me who I am and that I have Heavenly support: a verse from the scriptures, a hymn, a talk that was given in conference, or a kind word from an inspired friend.

This is something that could be such a huge trial for me, but I feel peace and comfort. 

"Fear is the absence of Faith."   I'm trying to remember where I heard this, but it's one of those quotes that helps.  I'm not afraid of what's to come.  I'm not afraid of what's happening now.  I have every belief that something will come of this; good or bad.  All will be revealed in it's own time.

8 comments:

OurFamily said...

I'm so sorry Shellee. Good luck sweetie, and little jelly bean!

Dawn Bushman said...

You are a brave woman, and a faithful one at that! My love and prayers will continue to be with you guys.

Amy said...

You're amazing! Good luck, and hang in there!

Jessica said...

I don't think I am anywhere near the person you are. You can fall apart and fall back together as many times as you need too....

Couch Pirate said...

"Fear is the absence of faith" it credited to Paul Tillich, a German philosopher. Just to answer that question. =)

The Crazy Holdens said...

I have been driven many times upon my knees by the over-whelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. Abraham Lincoln
Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answers to thy prayers. D&C 112:110

This sign hsngs by my door and had since the twins were born. It had helped me alot, I hope it helps you!

The Crazy Holdens said...

I have been driven many times upon my knees by the over-whelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. Abraham Lincoln
Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answers to thy prayers. D&C 112:110

This sign hsngs by my door and had since the twins were born. It had helped me alot, I hope it helps you!

Britta said...

Shellee- Dr. Clewell is amazing! You are in good hands- and I too am amazed at your strength. My prayers are with you and your family.

Background