She had her spinal surgery on Friday morning and the dr said all was well, but they would keep watch over her head circumference to see if the was any swelling in her head.
When Aaron first met her, he said hello and she moved her arm up in the air.
She was so tired, but that movement made me laugh. It was as though she was telling him hello.
She's been on her left and her arm and leg were swollen.
This morning when I went to greet her, they had flipped her over so the swelling would even out.
It took 3 people to lift and flip her.
The nurses said that she tolerated it very well and that she's showing signs of agitation when there's excessive noise. It's a good thing.
She doesn't cry because she's on a breathing machine that's called an ocilator. It's teeny littlle breaths so that her lungs can decompress from being stuck up in her abdomen and they won't take the fluid out too fast because it'll do more harm than good.
Oh, we love this girl... everyone that she's come in contact with have felt a special connection with her. She's such an awesome spirit and I'm so grateful for the Lord, priesthood blessings, technology, nurses, and Drs for allowing me to keep her!
This morning, after the drained the fluid a little more, she weighed in at 5 lbs. 10 oz. which is pretty good sized for a 33 week baby.
Her recorded birth weight is 7lbs, 3 oz but a that's including the abdominal fluid.
She's 17 inches long. She's tall!!!
I guess I downloaded these in the wrong order.
Anyway, this is a picture of her back after the surgery.
It looks pretty good because the swelling had gone down.
BTW, this is the back of her head and she was under the bililights!
Now...
her cute little Jellybean face.
Oh, she's too adorable! She's got a double chin!
If you look close at her arm, you can see the bruising from being inside when there wasn't any amniotic fluid for her to float in.
Seriously, isn't she the cutest thing!
Here she is all in the buff!
It's funny that she's naked while every other baby I see is a baby-burrito!
Her tummy looks so much smaller than it was when she was born.
She's done SO much better than the Drs expected!!!
Thanks Aunt Kristin for the pics. We'll get more professional ones when she gets her tubes removed!



15 comments:
She is sooo sweet and I lovs her!!! Stay strong with her! I wish you all my love! I'll be praying for you and her!!!
Shellee I have a really good friend that was born with Spina Bifida. She is a strong women because of it. She is married to a wonderful man in the temple. If you have any qustions please either write or call her. She doesnt remember everything from when she was born but from a child til now she can tell you of her experiences. I've been reading your story about little Olivia and I also am having her (Kristin) reading it too. her email is nathanahansen@yahoo.com
I hope this can help you! love ya tons!
Oh Shellee she is a beautiful angel. I am so happy that things have been coming out so well for her. What a wonderful blessing.
Congrats and good luck! We'll keep you in our prayers!
She is SO CUTE!!!!
Congrulations! We are praying for her and thinking about you guys constantly!
ohhhhhh, she's so beautiful! I love the little pink bow! Praying for you both.
Oh. My. Adorable! She's so cute! She looks great too especially being premie & all she's gone through. You can tell she's a tough cookie.
Shellee, how wonderful that she is here and doing so well! These pictures take me back 4 years ago in a similar situation. I LOVE her name and she so looks like one of your children! Our prayers are with you and Olivia and your family.
Praying for you and your sweet angel my friend. Keep the faith.
I love the pink bow! She is adorable! The face of a sweet little angel! She looks really good for a preemie!
Oh Shellee, I love her!!!!! She is so pretty with her sweet, adorable baby face and that little dainty pink bow! i can't wait to meet her and hold her! I am so happy for you!
Oh my beautiful Shellee!! Congratulations to the whole Mellor family for this precious arrival. I showed my coworkers your pics and we're here sending you all the love and best wishes. I'm so glad that Curt could be there with you and greet his little girl into the world. I'm so stinking delighted for little Olivia Gwen!
What a cute baby! Congratulations to you and your family, and many wishes for a speedy recovery for you (those c-sections are NOT fun!) and little Olivia!
Shellee, she looks beautiful. I can't wait to meet her:) I'm glad things are going well!! Love ya!
Post a Comment