Saturday, July 10, 2010

So Sad...

We were supposed to leave for the Porter Family Reunion tomorow morning.

Now, Aaron and Alyssa are going with my parents while we get to stay home and figure out what's going on with Jellybean.  Is it wrong to be SO JEALOUS of my own kids?

I don't get to hang out in Greer...  so sad.  :(  I haven't seen my brother Dave is SO long, I really miss him and his family.  (Sorry, Dave)  We get to hang out with Dan and his family today at a house they rented in Gilbert. I always look forward to just "hanging out" with my sibs when there's nothing else to do than to catch up.


Jellybean has fluid in her abdomen.  They aren't whether she has a hole in her bladder or why the fluid is there.  There's no way that its's coming out and so her amniotic fluid is low.  They don't think it's related to the Spina Bifida, but at this point they aren't really sure.

On Thursday, I was admitted to OB/Triage at Banner Desert Hospital where they watched her, because she wasn't moving around very much.  So they decided to do an ultrasound while she was there.  That's when the fluid showed up.

So, the Dr sent me to Good Samaritan in Phoenix to be checked out by the Fetal Surgeons to see what they could do.  They aren't sure if they will put a shunt in from her abdomen to the amnionic fluid or if they will put a stent in and open up her tube from her bladder, which might be obstructed, by the aren't for sure if that's the problem.  They gave me the shots to mature her lungs just in case they decide that the only (and last) option is to bring her early. But they really don't want to do that.

I was just released with the promise that I would return on Monday, have yet another ultrasound and meeting with a few of the Fetal Surgeons and Perinatal Drs.

BUT (HOORAY!)

The good news is that at 31 weeks, she already weighs in at a hefty 5 lbs. 7 ozs.
The ventricles in her brain are only mildly dialated.
Her neural sac (her back) isn't looking any worse! 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Jellybean. Praying for peace of mind for you and your family- and that the dr.s will know exactly what needs to be done for her to be healthy. Yea, that you are so far along, I didn't realize you were that close!

Marisa said...

Wow, scary. We're going to the temple today and will put your names on the prayer roll. And keep praying for you here at home.

Dawn Bushman said...

You guys are in my prayers.

Missy said...

I'm so sorry Shellee! I'll keep you guys in our prayers, and hope for the best. Hang in there!

Alison W. said...

Shellee,
Keep your chin up. You strength amazes me! You remain upbeat to spite not always good news. You are one of my heros! I will keep praying for you and Jellybean. Love to you!

Kimmie said...

We will pray for you big time, and I will call you for updates!
P.s. You look cute in a hospital gown! (:

Paula said...

Shellee, I just want to scream for you! Why do other issues keep popping up??? You are so patient and this is why you are the perfect mother for Jellybean. I think she's going to be one tough little cookie just like her mom!

Couch Pirate said...

I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts are with the Mellor bunch. I hope that the visit to the doctor goes well tomorrow. Sending lots of virtual TLC!

Leven Rae said...

The reunion was fun i wish you were there. Taya, Nancy, Sammy, and Harley performed a song that Brandon played and sang on the guitar. It was for Spencer and it almost made me cry!!! The corus was and he's flyin away and he's flyin away. oh he's flyin away. The song was really sweet. Me, Bailey, Nate, and Kristen stayed up one night just laughing away. I'm so sorry that happened. I hope she gets better along with you.

Background