is good news, right?
Things are going well and we have adjusted to being home from the hospital.
She's doing well and sleeping a lot. She's always tired because her body is always in a growth spurt. She was at 7bs. 5 oz. at the Dr's on Tuesday, so she's gaining again. Her weight dropped for a week and now she's on her way again.
Aaron, Alyssa and Hayden are excited to move.
Oh, did I forget to mention that? Yeah, we are moving. I'm having a hard time with all of this moving stuff. But, I'm excited too.
Here's the hard part. We are leaving a home and ward that we've been in for 12 years. We are walking away from our home. We have 6 people now living in less than a 1,000 square feet. We don't have any room to breathe. It's lead to constant contention in our home. Our home isn't work 1/4 of what we owe, and we can't rent it out without losing money. Our HOA is horrible, they are possibly raising the monthly fee to $200. They don't do anything and they are wasteful.
We are leaving our ward. I have some wonderful friends that are here. I'm not going far, but it's still going to be hard not seeing them every week. Our current ward was hard for a while, because I was working. Once I quit, it was different. I had time to try harder to make friends. The one thing that I think helped was joining a book group that had been established for a few years. I loved it and learned to truly love the women in it. They are women that I will never NOT be friends with. FYI, I totally miss my friend Myra. She moved away and whenever I see her house, I want to go knock on the door in hopes that she'll answer. I'm conversationally wandering. So...
Here's the wonderful exciting part. The house we are moving into has 5 bedrooms and 2x the size of our little home. It's also the same price as our little home. There's a pool, which makes me a little nervous. Alyssa will finally have some privacy and so will Aaron. They are both in that stage of life (pre-teen) where they need to be able to have a place to study peacefully. Olivia is very sound sensitive and so we need to have a quiet place for her to sleep.
We are also going to have room to have people over without stressing where they will sit. We we finally be able to get a dining table. Curt and I have never had one of those. We've always sat in front of the TV because there is no room. (We have a bar window and it's always been in the way) It's just up the street and closer to Aaron's school, so he'll be able to ride his bike and Alyssa's bus stop is just around the corner. They can stay at their schools.
So, we are excited, nervous anxious and sad.
5 comments:
Well, how exciting! Sounds like a great opportunity for your family.
Sorry you have to leave Evergreen, there are so many awesome people in that ward. I hope you make some new friends quickly that can be a help to you.
I'm so happy for you guys! I know what it's like living in less then 1000 sqft. and it is in no way family friendly. It's hard leaving evergreen ward, but I'm sure you will make lots of friends in your new ward. You are good at that!
I totally understand those feelings. I'm sorry you guys are having to do this. It sounds like it will be a great place for your family. Good luck!
I miss you too Shellee! Good luck with the transition. I'm glad you'll still be in Mesa so I can cuddle me some Jellybean when I visit next. Five bedrooms would be awesome. We're still in a small place to save up for a bigger one...someday...hopefully soon.
Congrats!!! Ya the HOA just stinked so bad I hated it! I'm glad to be out of our old house as well and our new place is so nice and our ward is awesome!!!!
Post a Comment