Not being able to place an IV or a PICC line in the little Jellybean has proven to be a blessing!!!
Because they had to get the Antibiotics into her, they had to give her shots. That lasted for 3 whole shots every 6 hours. A nurse had to call someone in to do it, because she didn't want to poke anymore holes into Olivia. Her liver enzymes came back normal, so the Dr (we love her!) decided that we could switch to a 10 day treatment that would only have 1 shot perday. We were on day 7, so that meant that there were 3 days left to go. So, we had 3 days with 3 shots. Today was the 2nd shot, which means that if her levels all come back normal, we can go home after her shot tomorrow afternoon.
I seriously CAN wait, I'm not looking forward to how my home looks since I've been gone since last Thursday. I've lived at the hospital and have left only twice. I've visited home on one of the trips and saw my new-to-me couches. (They are wonderful, Thanks Sarah.)
So, does this mean that life can get back to our "new normal"? I sure hope so.
No comments:
Post a Comment