Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A night with stars!

Okay, so the title is a little misleading...

We had to spend the night at my parent's house on Sunday night. The Air Conditioning Fairy went on vacation. We reached a low of 85 degrees Saturday night and did not get much sleep. I was emotional and cranky at church (apologies to those around me) and the kids were just fine! Hayden had a fan on him the whole night and the kids spend the night on the front room floor under the ceiling fan!

After church, we went to M & D's house and made them dinner (Shrimp in Creamy Tomato Sauce, YUM!) in exchange for a night of sleep with air conditioning.

On Monday, I got to sleep in! Curt left at 6 am to go home and get ready to go to work, and because Hayden was not used to sleeping outside of his crib, he didn't go to bed very well, and slept in until 10 am. Aaron, Alyssa and I got up around 8:30 and were very happy! We got the A/C guy to the house and the motor was replaced by 11 am, YAAAAAAYYYYYYY!

I got to spend the rest of Monday shopping with my mom and the afternoon shopping with my sister. Dad watched the kids and I loved spending the day with Mom and Dad. I really haven't gotten to spend a lot of time with them lately, so this was nice. By the time we got home, the house was down to a beautiful 76.

Anyway, the title comes from the fact that we slept in my brother's old room (he moved out 11 yrs. ago) and after he left, we noticed that he had little flecks of glow-in-the-dark dots all over the walls and ceiling. They look like little stars...

6 comments:

***LIZ*** said...

Yay! I am so glad that your a/c is back up and running, what a nightmare this time of year. I hope it didn't cost you and arm and a leg.

nate and marne said...

i feel your pain. we have had that happen twice this summer already, and i was hugely pregnant! it wasn't our ac though, it was something going on down the whole of main street. all the businesses and streetlights were all dark. dumb city!! good thing for mothers houses, huh? have fun!!

Dawn Bushman said...

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. A/C problems can get really expensive, just as Liz said. For future reference, I do have a portable air conditioner (kind of like a swamp cooler) you guys are welcome to use. It serves as an end table in my living room (covered with a piece of fabric) when not in use. You guys are welcome to it anytime.

I hope you have a wonderful Independence Day!

Alison W. said...

Shellee, I hope its okay that I'm leaving a message on your blog. I love to read what's going on in your life. I a so glad I don't have to deal with AZ heat. Its hot enough here in Utah. FYI (this is Alison(Cluff) Woolfenden.

Alison W. said...

Shellee-
My email address is woolfendenfamily@hotmail.com

Kimmie said...

What do ya know! We're having air problems too! We just bought a whole new air conditioner. Yikes! It's expensive!

Background