Wednesday, March 4, 2009

And we have a winner! and another giveaway.

Vandee Flake was the 1000th person!!!!

Congratulations!



Here's her comment from email.


I won! I won! Hehehe! It was at 994 so I refreshed a few times...
Great fun, but maybe you better let someone who lives close get the
free dessert, but I do remember that you made a super delicious
cookies for us when we moved into your ward. In fact you were the
only one who made us cookies. They were yummy but most of the food
that I bummed off you was yummy. We used to go swimming and holler at
you over the fence to come and join us. I loved your stories, you
always made me laugh. I enjoy your blog, can't believe how much your
kiddos have grown. I miss my friend Shellee...you were always great
to swap books with too. When it is cold and windy I wish we still
lived there. I bet you wish you were up here in July....
Love ya Shellee! Thanks for making me smile. I love Thin Mints too!


Vandee, I miss you too! And believe me, I do know how to send cookies throught the mail. So, I hope to be up and around in a few days and able to have a cookie-making festival. But, what's your favorite cookie?
Here's the other giveaway. You get another chance.
For those IN the valley, the person who can come up with the most creative word using only letters from my name, will win
(♥drum roll♥)
Homemade Lasagna.
(I may even add in garlic, cheese bread, too!)
I don't mean a cottage cheese, partially cooked noodle lasagna. I'm talking about homemade sausage sauce, super yummy cheeses and the best "after-taste belches in the world" kind of lasagna.
So, there you go, ladies. There's the challenge.
Here's the name...
Shellee Sue Porter Mellor
Good Luck. You have until Sunday night March 8th.
Just to be fair, I will be using an outside source for judging.
I have a good friend who doesn't blog and she will be deciding.
(And it has to be a real word.)

11 comments:

***LIZ*** said...

Yum Shell, my mouth is watering! Even if I don't win, you need to call me when you are making it so I can come over and learn how to make it. I will need some more time to come up with funny things the letters in your name spell. I am pretty sure though that Kimmie will win, she is so good at those kind of things! I love giveaways!!

Jenny Knudsen said...

It's my birthday so just give me some food!! :)

Shellee said...

Jennetta Jo, I just made you Sunday Dinner last week! But hey, the offer for cooking help/lessons are still valid. Maybe you should just come up with a really awesome word?!?

Kimmie said...

This is so fun! I love contests! Give me a couple days, and I will have something!

nate and marne said...

can we just cheat and say that i won? that sounds way too good to lose! you'll have to give me the recipe for the sausage sauce. yummola!! and i like making up words....

Missy said...

Ok, I need more details to your rules. Does it have to be a real word per say? Can you enter more than one word?

Thanks you:)

Shellee said...

Enter as many words as you want, but try not to repeat someone else's. Yes, It has to be a real word. Hopefully something that can be googled.

Melissa M. said...

I upped the ante and made a phrase out of every single letter:

She'll let Merl puree oreos!

Second one:

Eels repel ol' Mother's rule.

Shellee said...

Melissa, when did you move back to the valley? ;)

Melissa M. said...

You talkin' to me?
I live in QC, and I have for 3 years now.

Shellee said...

I thought you were a little further south than that. My bad. I can blame it on the Vicodin that I have been on since Tuesday! Come on gals. Show up Melissa! Show me what you got!

Background