is good? I guess it is.
We found out this morning that we are going to be here until Sept 30th (I hope that's all.)
I will never again eat green jello. It's the color we're looking at right now.
Since this began, she lost the ability to urinate on her own, so I have to cathe her every 4 hours. The Dr said that is normal for Spina Bifida babies when they have an infection. So I put the catheter in, feed her while it drains her and she's putting out a lot of fluid. which is good.
Bad news, she's a hard stick. She's on her second IV and they tried to put in a PICC line this morning and they couldn't do it. I asked if maybe they could send someone over from NICU to do it and NICU refused to mix departments. They couldn't get it in because she's so small.
Speaking of small, she now weighs in at a hefty 6lbs, 8 ozs. She's almost 9 weeks old. I'm doing the best that I can, I feel like I'm feeding her every two hours. I'm surprised that certain body parts haven't been sucked off by now.
I'm living at the hospital. Tonight was the first time since last Thursday that I had left the building. It was kind of weird, but I'll live through this. It's kind of like living in a really expensive hotel with a super crappy bed. At least I know that I can take a half-an-hour shower and not stress over the water bill.
I'll keep updating. Thanks for the prayers, I'm grateful that she's being remembered and helped. Please pray for those who are caring for her, they are the ones with the answers.
Love You All!
2 comments:
Ah poop. Call me when you get bored of watching tv. :)
Aw man, I'm so sorry. Brendan is a hard stick, too. Makes your gut hurt to watch them poke and poke with no results. I'm hoping that they got the PICC line in by now.
So with all that feeding, are you utilizing your freezer stash of milk? Hang in there. Soon this will all be a distant memory and you'll be saying "remember that time when...."
Sending lots of hugs and prayers,
Stephanie :)
Post a Comment