Thursday, September 2, 2010

Socially Inbred.

Yes, there is a term for the scenario where you meet someone who knows your sister's  ex-boyfriend's new wife and her cousin is your best friend.
This term also applies to the very real: my best friend's little sister married the guy that lived up the street from my husband and the guy's older sister is my friend's best friend from their teenage years.
Just a few minutes ago, I just found out that the mother of a new family that moved into the ward and is my daughter's new Activity Days Leader is the younger sister of a guy that I had a crush on in high school (it's been 18 years!) and now that I think back, I totally remember her... in a good way.
Confusing?  Yes.  We are LDS and we are Socially Inbred.

3 comments:

Couch Pirate said...

My mission companion used to say the world is a hankerchief, especially when you're LDS. I am guessing it is far fewer than 6 degrees of separation in the LDS world. ;)

Nikki said...

I'm lost, but that's still funny.

Anonymous said...

I was totally lost reading this...started over a few times to see if I could follow it....and then realized....THAT WAS THE POINT! I think we sort of have that relationship, too. Small world when you are Mormon!

Background