Saturday, April 5, 2008

Book Group

I joined a book group in January and we have read some really neat books. I honestly don't know why I didn't join it sooner! Most of you know that if I am not reading at least 3 books at a time, there is something wrong!
Last month at Emily's home, she had chosen the book, "Island of the Blue Dolphins" by Scott O'Dell. I haven't read this book in YEARS! I forgot how much I liked that story! For the group, the hostess also serves a dinner. YUMMMMMMMM-O!!!!! Emily served us the most wonderful seafood (Shrimp, Scallops, Tallapia, Salmon). Seafood ROCKS! Thank you, Thank you Emily!

This month is Dr. Laura Schlessinger's "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands". I know, I know. More from Dr. Laura... BUT! AHA! She does have some really good points and I have learned from this book. We'll see how this ends...

All in all, I have read some books so far that I probably wouldn't have read. I have learned some new words (Thanks Myra) and I am looking for some good books to add to my list of "TO READ". So, if you have any, let me know!

1 comment:

***LIZ*** said...

DOn't you just love book club? I don't know what I would do with out it! I have never read Dr. Laura, so I am excited to read this months book.

Background