Sunday, September 21, 2008

Not my friend anymore!


So ends my Sunday Morning love affair with my curling iron, AND I offer my apologies to anyone I may have been "not-so-bright" at today.

I was using my hairdryer (the retarded one that doesn't start up again if you turn it off), and I knocked my curling iron on the floor. I didn't pick it up because I thought that it was way off to my right. I stepped forward. OOOOOWWWWWWW!!!! Aaron thought that I sounded like Goofy when he falls off a cliff.

Yep, I stepped on it. Curt went and got an ice block from the freezer so I could finish doing my hair. What a nice guy... until he laughed.

Here's the problem, I had to accompany the ward choir this morning... and use the sustain pedal... with a burned foot/toes. I totally messed up. (apologies to those in the choir)

I then had to play piano in primary. Everytime I used the sustain pedal, I had shooting pains up my leg. I won't be wearing shoes anytime soon.

I won't post what my toes and foot look like, because I am afraid to look.

7 comments:

Marisa said...

My sympathies go out to you. That sounds so painful!!!

Justin & Carli said...

Ouch! That doesn't sound fun, but you did good playing the piano anyways! You play better than me, even with a crippled foot:)

Jason and Crystal Mabb said...

hey dont feel to bad. When I was 8 or 9.. or 7... I didnt know what it would feel like UNTIl I put my bottom lip to the curling iron. Oh ya, you want a burn? My lip was all burned but now that I think abou tit... I laugh

Bailey said...

Shellee, I will TRY to put pictures of the new carpet in today. Tommorow I babysit so I will take pictures of that!

Alison W. said...

Oh Oy I dont even want to imagine what that must have felt like, Yuck, no thanks!

The Earls said...

OUCH! I know it hurts to get burned by it, but to step on it AND have to use it for something would be horrible. I hope it gets better soon.

Whitney said...

I'm beginning to think that the whole family is accident prone. :)

Background