A few people have asked me lately how I can remain so positive when it seems like there is so much stress going on.
Answer #1: Prayer. It's simple ~ have a conversation with Heavenly Father. You'll be surprised at what he has to say and what he has in store.
Answer #2: Read the Ensign.
A few weeks back, we had a lesson on the importance of the Ensign.
I have been comforted in ways that I never thought possible through other's articles.
Answer #3: My Journal. It's provided me with a way to get out what's in my head without having to worry about others' opinions. I have a few things in the front of my journal: my patriarchal blessing, a letter from my Father in Law and a letter from my Mom that I got when I was a teenager at Youth Conference. Also, a tithing envelope to remind me to keep myself prepared. Click here for Pres. Eyring's talk about journals.
Answer #4: Staying Positive: We are given the right to view things as we wish. There is something positive in everything that happens. You just have to search for it. Sometimes, you have to search for quite a bit just to get a glimpse. Once you get used to it, that searching becomes a wonderful habit and then you end up with a "Pollyanna Complex" just like me. Find Joy in YOUR Journey.
2 comments:
Shellee, you are such an inspiration. I can't wait to see Oliva in December. I feel a connection to her because your love for her is so strong. We love and pray for you.
Hahahha, I think I was once accused of having a Pollyanna complex as well... and now that I look at the world through grumpy glasses I wish I hadn't locked Pollyanna in the closet. :)
I'm so glad to hear you talk about the things that help you through the hard times. It was amazing to me to note that some of the talks you cited were ones that had inspired me to make changes, too.
And just last night it was an article from the Ensign, written by a random sister in a random ward, that had the words I needed to hear.
I love you!
Post a Comment