Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Today!

Everyday is a new day, and it usually has one or two improvements along the way.

While I was holding (and snuggling and slightly squishing) Olivia, the other nurse were in the area next to me getting out another baby's PICC line (a really long IV).

The baby (let's call her Eve) was screaming, wailing and thrashing around.  They kept calling in more nurses to hold Eve down.  I was wondering what was going on, but chose to just it and listen. 

Suddenly, I hear my nurse talking to them and she was talking about my little, calm child.  "I did this all by myself yesterday to Olivia, and she just looked at me with her big wide eyes and made squeaks as though she was talking to me.  It's so weird how two babies can be so vastly different"

Ahhhhhh... my baby's a calm soul.

Just wait until the other kids get a hold of her.

1 comment:

Jim and Brooke said...

She is so beautiful, and a special spirit. I am so grateful she is getting better every day. You are an amazing reminder of living each moment to its best.

Background