She's a great little baby. The nurses trained her well.
She's not a big cryer. She sings in her sleep. She sleeps really well because she's a preemie and everyday is a growing day.
We are trying to transition from bottle to nursing. Finally, the pediatrician stepped in with a great way to get her off the bottle. (That sounds so bad.) She's doing much better and is getting a ton of feeding done. We hope to be done with the "Honkers" (pump) soon.
Bladder usage is something that is a source of concern with Spina Bifida babies. A lot of them need use of a catheter. She's surprised us all with this. Right now, we have to cathe her once a day. She's emptying her bladder all the way. We just need to get through the next week until her appt with the urologist. We can't wait. She may never have a problem with this ever again!
She's a poop-monster. She does it often, loud and clear.
She's not on any medications!!! This is so great!
Her incisions on her head, abdomen and spine are healing beautifully. There is little care required with that.
She has a little feeling in her left leg. She twitches her left foot. Her right side is a little different, there's not as much movement. She has hip flexion on both sides; chances are that she'll be able to walk with therapy.
Everyday is different and new. Today was a "weaning off the bottle" day, tomorrow will be the same, and the day after until she gets that no bottles make mom a "happy cow".
I am so grateful for all of my family and friends who have helped, chatted with me and prayed for all of us. The dinners have been awesome and I'm eager to get back to church and a new normal schedule.
6 comments:
wow. just wow.
I'm amazed, totally and completely amazed!
Absolutely a miracle baby! Again, I can't wait to meet her!
I would make stuffed manicotti for you and homemade salsa, which I would probably knock onto the floor anyway. But no problem, I would have mopped the floor that day. Except that salsa probably doesn't contribute to a happy Olivia.
I'm so glad she's doing better each day!
She sounds like she's doing great! I'm so happy. I'm so glad that you're updating and letting us know how you guys and Olivia are doing every step of the way. We love you guys!
I'm so happy to hear she's doing well and full of surprises! <3
Post a Comment