We had the funniest thing happen to us tonight.
Our ward was doing a babysitting fundraiser and we ♥love♥ not searching for a babysitter, so we went out to dinner.
Appetizer was so yummy. Salads came and were quickly eaten. Then... sourdough bread. (We LOVE sourdough bread!). Then we heard a crash by the kitchen. I started laughing because I was so glad that I hadn't been involved in that mishap (because I had been in so many before). We waited... and waited... and waited. Curt and I started joking that the reason our waiter came by a few times to tell us that our food would be there shortly, was because it was our food that had been dropped.
Our waiter came by and I ordered more sourdough bread. Then I kind-of joked to him that maybe our food had been dropped. He looked so guilty and he nodded his head so little that we could hardly tell he'd actually nodded. His face looked like that stupid kid in high school that always tells you to, "Punch me in the stomach... I can take it..."
We laughed; and we laughed hard. The timing of this was just so funny.
I had never seen a guy look so relieved. Curt and I didn't stop laughing until around the time our food got there.
He bent over and with a relieved look in his face said, "Whew, I actually made it this time." So, of course, Curt and I started laughing again.
As we were walking out, I told him that his reaction was priceless. He told me that as a waiter, he gets yelled at mostly for things that he has no control over. He was so grateful to us for really making his night by laughing instead of yelling. Curt and I both told him that we had been servers before, so we can understand his hesitancy in telling us that our food had been dropped.
He told us that it wasn't his reaction of relief that was priceless to him; it was our reaction, our laughter.
2 comments:
Tell me they at least gave you a free meal or a free appetizer because of the mishap.
LOL! What a great story!
Post a Comment