Please! Answer the poll at the left hand side of the screen.
Here's a little story.
Once upon a time, there was a beautiful couple who were married.
They lived in an apartment together and were so happy. They were both raised in very different families and therefore, each had their own idea of who needed to do which cleaning jobs in their home.
They agreed that if you needed to clean the bathroom, you also sweep and mop.
Also, agreed upon was that if you clean the front room, you really should do the dusting and the vaccuuming.
But then there came a point that a small disagreement ensued.
The Kitchen.
Now, one was raised that if you did the dishes, as long as all the dishes were clean and put away, you were done. The counters and cupboards belonged to the being that was assigned to do the floors.
Another was raised that having the dishes clean and put away was glorious, but the counters and cupboards were to be wiped free of goo too!
So, here's the question that I put before you, a jury of our very own peers.
Who's job is it to clean the counters? Is it an entirely separate job from the rest of the lineup?
Please let us know, it's time to settle this. It's been 15 years.
The counters are getting really bad!
4 comments:
I believe if you are assigned a room. the dishes are only PART of the job, the counters and floors complete the room. hope that helps.
I agree with Sarah. I think the kitchen is in itself a job meaning dishes, counters and floors. Unless you are like me and you can get your kids to do most of it for you :) Cole loves to do dishes, Kiley loves counters and Wyatt loves to do the floor. Now keep in mind I usually have to go back over the counters and floors but at least they try right?
The counters count as dishes to me, but I'm also a little obsessive about the counters being clean (goo clean, not necessarily clutter clean). Elliot and I share almost all house duties (that's a funny word). The only one's we don't share are mopping and ironing. I don't mop. I'd also be happy to give ironing away.
In my opinion there should be another option on the list that the counter can never be clean enough and should be included in any kitchen cleaning, and therefore be done multiple times a day. So if you mop the floor, you wipe the counter first, and if you do the dishes you wipe the counter down afterward. So in other words, you're both right!
Post a Comment