Monday, December 14, 2009

"Thank you...

For letting me keep him."

December 14th is always and forever going to be a hard night for me.

 It was this night, 2 years ago that Curt in his car accident.  (<--- click to view the post)

I keep a copy of the voicemail that he sent me when he was in the ER.
He called me, but didn't remember that he called me.  It's about 45 seconds of nothing but beeping until I hear Curt say, "What happened?"  Followed by a nurse saying, "You were in an accident."

I keep it so that I can remember how I felt almost losing him.  I can't even fathom what my life would be like if he had forgotten to put his seatbelt on, if he'd been in a smaller car, if the airbags hadn't have worked, if... if...if...

The title and opening sentence is the prayer of thanks that I give to my Heavenly Father.

4 comments:

Missy said...

How did I miss that incident??? I can't believe how smashed up your car was. Thank goodness he was ok.

Marisa said...

I'm also grateful he was allowed to stick around! That must have been just heart-wrenching for you.

Dawn Bushman said...

I understand, more than you know. :o)

Dawn

Shellee said...

Missy, I don't know how you missed it, but it's the reason we only have one car.

Marisa, it was hard; it still is.

Dawn, I know you understand. I think it's why we've become better friends.

Background