Curt and I decided that this year, we would put a lot of effort into making gifts instead of just buying them. So, I am making gifts. (See how that works? We BOTH decide one thing, yet I get to carry that out? Yep, that's how our marriage works. ☺ )
Anyway, I have started on a few things, but I won't post those until later because... um... Christmas hasn't happened yet. Duh.
Anyway, I made a calendar for me. I am thrilled how it turned out. I went to a store by our home called Stardust. They have all kinds of home-stuff. It's all been ripped out of remodeled homes or it's extras from construction jobs.
This is made out of glass doors from an office cabinet or something. I don't know, I don't care; but I paid $5 for it. I bought 3 of them. I sketched the layout on the back and traced over it with a Sharpie. It's worked so well, that Curt's even using it. I LOVE IT. It hangs behind our bedroom door and that way we see it every morning and know what's going on that day.
This is our December and notes for January are off on the side. Alyssa graced us with a smiley faceon the bottom to remind us to be happy.
Anyway, if you happen to stop by and hear the sewing machine going or it's super quiet... I'm in Crafty-land finishing everything up!!!

2 comments:
What a great idea!
Good job Shell. I got my white cabinets at Stardust for $50, that place is great. I bet you could rig it up with vinyl lettering too. Thanks again for my Christmas prize, I LOVE Love it! I saw Myra wearing hers today too. You are a superstar!
Post a Comment