Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My odd child.

Well, they are all a little odd.

The child that I'm talking about happens to be my littlest one.

Two Words:

Potty

Training

You would think that he'd be fine with it.

He threw a tantrum in the store when we were buying "Cars" underwear.  He kept throwing them out.  I was really concerned at first.  But after a while of the LOUD debate we were having, he finally relented.

I had read an article about how we really need to focus on him being ready and understanding the signs.

He passed the "signs" part of it with flying colors.

Is my child the only one who wets himself in the middle of the day, but stays absolutely dry the entire night and during naptime?

He hasn't had a accident outside of the home. He holds it, or he lets me know!  He's very good at the whole, "Mom, I gotta pee!" and "Mom, I gotta go to the bathroom, now!"    Yet, when he's at home, he marks his territory?  (This kid must have a lot of territory.)

This article mentioned going in the bathtub and focusing on the feeling rather than the aiming.  Yeah, that stops tomorrow.  I can't clean up the tub every 1/2 hour.   So much for that.  I'm gonna teach him to aim.

Aaron and Alyssa potty trained without much effort, why is this one SO different.   Gotta love the little blonde kid.  He's just a little weird.

Any ideas?

4 comments:

Jenny Knudsen said...

Maybe he isn't ready. Wyatt just decided himself and we have been good to go ever since.

Missy said...

It's hard. I think sometimes they have accidents during the day because they are busy playing and getting into things, and the last thing on their minds is remembering to pee in the toilet. Are you using any kind of reward system?
I'm still waiting for Brooke to make her grand debut on the potty. Half way done is nice though:)

Melissa M. said...

Advice:
Keep out of the house.
Sounds like he is super close!
I finally have Henry independently using the bathroom, that took FOREVER! Best wishes.

Kimmie said...

I have no advice, but I do offer my best wishes to you friend! I have no skills, i just lucked out the first time around.

Background